The Allen Hilles Fund supports children’s education, women’s issues, economic development in disadvantaged communities, and activities of the Religious Society of Friends.
The Hilles Fund makes grants to qualifying tax-exempt organizations. The Fund supports both specific programs and general operations. Preference is given to organizations that serve Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and have annual budgets of less than $2 million.
The following are not priorities of the Hilles Fund:
Application deadlines are February 15, and September 15. If February 15 or September 15 falls on a weekend or holiday, applications may be postmarked the next business day. No more than one request from an organization will be considered within a twelve-month period.
Two (2) copies of the proposal, cover sheet, and supporting materials must be submitted by mail. Click here to download the application documents package.
The DVG Common Grant Application form is accepted but must be accompanied by the Hilles Application Cover Sheet. The DVG Common Grant Application form can be found at http://www.dvg.org/grantseekers/grant_app.htm
To be complete, your application must include the following information about your organization and the activities for which you are applying for support
Please submit 2 copies.
Description of your organization
2. Organizational background and history (if a first time applicant)
3. Services provided
Description of the project for which you are seeking funding
(If your request is for operating support, please substitute "organization" for the word "project" in your description.)
4. Geographic area served by the project.
5. Name and purpose of the project. Total project budget; amount requested; amount still needed.
6. What is the need for the project? Who will benefit from it, including number of people served? How will the project help those served? What do you expect to be its outcomes?
7. Describe how the project will operate. Include hours, days and months of operation, full- and part-time staff and their qualifications. If volunteers are used, describe how they are recruited and trained.
8. Who will be in charge of the project? What are their qualifications?
9. How and when will you measure the success or outcomes of this project?
10. Detailed project budget. Expenses should include line items, with amounts for staff (number of full-time and part-time staff and the amount of their time devoted to the project), materials, supplies and other costs. Income should include other funding available or anticipated.
• Cover Sheet (page 1)
• 1 copy of the 501 (c)(3) IRS "determination letter" demonstrating your tax-exempt status
• Leadership, including officers, directors and Board members
• Organization budget, including anticipated sources of income
• Your most recent annual financial statement (audited if available)
Grant recipients must provide a brief narrative and financial report on how the grant was spent within one year of the receipt of the grant or at the time of the next application. Click here to download the grant report cover sheet and report guidelines.
Agencies that have received continuous funding for 4 years are asked to refrain from requesting support for one year.